Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Three Artists and Their Creative Influence on My Work


I'm taking a brief hiatus. Just a few weeks to walk through graduations, and health matters, and the beginning of summer. In the meantime, I'm leaving you in the good hands of some remarkably talented artists each of whom has impacted by creativity first hand.

Tyson Crosbie is a Phoenix-based photographer. His work features urban abstract compositions. He's amazing, and I'm proud to say I own a copy of Phoenix 21 signed by the artist. You can follow his most unusual blog as he organizes his perspective on the work. See Phoenix 22 as exhibited in Phoenix this spring.

Chris Reilly and his wife Michelle Reilly are San Diego-based abstract painters. Their work is shown in major galleries across the U.S.. Their ethereal backgrounds support applied elements from nature in a rare encaustic wax technique. I own several pieces of their work and am grateful to call them my friends.

And finally, Erinn Cunningham, who resides in Ottawa, Canada, is the most recent addition to my growing circle of artists influencing my creative process. Erinn's work immediately presents narrative streams for me. He is in the process of creating one of a kind prints of three pieces for me: Isolation, Rural, and Laneway. When I saw each of these photographs, I immediately sketched a story in my mind. Aren't they cool? There are several other pieces, such as: At the Movies and Monochrome Flowers and Winterscape that I am also looking to add to my walls.

Spending time with their work brings me a sense of both peace and energy. They are lantern and flashlight; mountain and meadow.

I hope you find their work inspiring.