Monday, April 5, 2010

A Space to Call My Own

Busy morning.

Last friday I toured the Levine Machine Co. warehouse on the corner of 7th Street and Grant Street in the Phoenix warehouse district.

Mike Levine is a walking encyclopedia of Phoenix history. I mean way way way back. He's a fascinating man to talk with. Among his many interests and passions, Mike supports local arts and the development of local artists. The Levine website has some pictures of the warehouse at 605 E Grant Street (pictured here). There are incredible creative businesses housed on the larger west side of the warehouse.

The east side is smaller and where a performance artist, a digital artist, two painters and me have set up shop. He even planted two platforms for a stage in my space. It's really pretty amazing. I went down this morning to sign the lease and pick up my key. I feel so lucky to have come across this location.

Many thanks to Jim McPherson for working on several arts projects with me and keeping an eye open for space that might just meet my professional needs. Thanks so much, Jim.